One of the Canary Islands, Lanzarote is renowned as the land of fire and wind. This island, with 300 volcanoes, black sand, cactus plants everywhere and unique landscapes should not be disregarded due to part of the island's bad reputation for being full of partying Brits. The UCPA accommodation Lanzarote Surfhouse is located in the historic center of the oldest town in the Canary Islands, La Villa de Teguise, outside the mass tourist circuits.
In Timanfaya National Park you can cook steak and fish on layers of volcanic rock heated by the lava underground
Arrecife Airport (17km)
La Villa de Teguise in the north-central part of Lanzarote maintains a significant number of buildings of great historical and artistic value. With a few trendy restaurants popping up in town, lots of cultural exploration to be done and within a very short distance to the beautiful, quieter northern beaches it is a secret gem of the island. The Sunday market is one thing not to miss and has become quite the attraction!
During your stay, you will be accommodated in La Villa de Teguise, at Surfhouse Lanzarote. A shuttle will take you to your activities whenever you need to (10 minutes away), where you will spend the day surfing at Famara or windsurfing at Las Cucharas.
Jenny, your host, has fitted out the house in an eco-responsible way with, for example, solar panels to heat the water and chickens for all the organic waste!
- 6 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Well priced bar
- Roof sun terrace
- You will eat breakfast and dinner at the Surfhouse and lunch will be at Poco Loco, a small restaurant on the beach. This is included in your holiday cost.
- Sports equipment and storage all on site
- WiFi in the living room area. Please note the WiFi is not good enough for working on data intensive activities
UCPA Planete, worldwide resorts, is a product that has been created by UCPA, but as they are not hosted in UCPA specific centres so they can be very different.
- Trips are usually hosted by a hotel, so you will not necessarily be sharing with others and may have your own room (please check rooming above).
- All meals are included, but they are not necessarily buffet style within the hotel, they may be at other restaurants around the resorts. A great opportunity to soak in evening atmosphere and try different cuisines!
- There may be non- UCPA clients in the hotel that you are staying in. UCPA will have a select number of rooms within the hotel.
- As these are new products to us, we do not have as many UK clients travelling to these destinations yet, but they have been running for a few years now and starting to gain popularity very quickly amongst UCPA fans. This may however mean that there are not as many English speaking travelers in these destinations, but as always, basic English is required of staff and instructors.
- Hotel dependent, but UCPA do not always provide evening entertainment so this may be down to you and your course group to arrange your evening activities.
- These amazing products give you the opportunity to take on new sports and improve on current skills in fantastic destinations. It's all about getting to know the local areas and culture.
Arrecife Airport is 17km away from Teguise where you can pick up the local bus (1hr 23mins) or grab a taxi (18minutes) to UCPA Lanzarote. You can also hire your own car from here too.
View all dates & prices for Lanzarote, Spain
What our clients say about us!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our newsletter and get news in your inbox every week! We hate spam too, so no worries about this.