Translating literally as 'strong wind', Fuerteventura is a world renowned destination for surfing, windsurfing, and kitesurfing. However these are not the only sports available – as a volcanic island with a unique climate referred to as 'eternal spring', the island is fascinating to explore by foot and bike.
Huge variety of landscape scenery; from desert-like plains to low mountains, rolling sand dunes to some of the longest, sandiest beaches in the Canary Islands
It is the oldest Canary Island, around 20 million years old. It originated from a volcanic eruption
UCPA Fuerteventura is located in the small town of Costa Calma, a ten minute drive from Sotavento Lagoon, the famous kitesurfing area.
The town is positioned at the beginning of the Jandia peninsula, aptly named 'calm coast', it provides one of the few sheltered coastal regions on the island - a perfect place to relax and escape the wind at the end of the day.
Located 100km west of Africa is the volcanic island of Fuerteventura, part of the Canary Islands, the Spanish archipelago. With it's unique beaches and climate, Fuerteventura today attracts surfers and kitesurfers from all around the planet.
Instead of having a purpose built UCPA centre, in Fuerteventura UCPA use the Royal Suite Hotel. The hotel is a 15 minute walk away from the beach and bars in the area. The hotel is 3* and is a perfect spot to relax after a day of activity. The hotel features an outdoor pool with a poolside bar, a Jacuzzi, tennis courts, volleyball, games rooms and parasols.
- 2- 3 person multi-share rooms
- Bathroom facilities mainly en-suite
- Private twin or double rooms can be booked on request for a small supplement. Simply ask a member of the team for more information.
- Well priced poolside bar
- Breakfast is an international style buffet served in the hotel. Lunch depends where you are and what you are doing! If you are scuba diving, it is prepared on the boat (usually by a Chef). If you are kite surfing then lunch is provided in the kite school restaurant. Dinner is either in the hotel or in other restaurants in the local area which the centre has partnerships with. This is included in your holiday cost.
- Outdoor pool and jacuzzi, tennis courts, volleyball
- WiFi in bar area. Please note the WiFi is not good enough for working on data intensive activities
UCPA Planete, worldwide resorts, is a product that has been created by UCPA, but as they are not hosted in UCPA specific centres so they can be very different.
- Trips are usually hosted by a hotel, so you will not neccesarily be sharing with others and may have your own room (please check rooming above).
- All meals are included, but they are not neccesarily buffet style within the hotel, they may be at other restaurants around the resorts. A great opportunity to soak in evening atmosphere and try different cuisines!
- There may be non- UCPA clients in the hotel that you are staying in. UCPA will have a select number of rooms within the hotel.
- As these are new products to us, we do not have as many UK clients travelling to these destinations yet, but they have been running for a few years now and starting to gain popularity very quickly amongst UCPA fans. This may however mean that there are not as many English speaking travellers in these destinations, but as always, basic English is required of staff and instructors.
- Hotel dependent, but UCPA do not always provide evening entertainment so this may be down to you and your course group to arrange your evening activites.
- These amazing products give you the opportunity to take on new sports on improve on current skills in fantastic destinations. It's all about getting to know the local areas and culture.
Fuerteventura airport is located approximately 60km north of the centre. The UCPA centre may offer a transfer service from the airport to resort for approximately €20 per person and €10 per board bag, you can contact them for times, information and booking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To travel via Public transport the UCPA centre is possible, there is a direct bus that runs 4 times a day and costs approximately €10. This suggestion should be used for guidance purposes only, bus timetables are subject to change and we recommend you check availability before you travel. For some more information on public transport linking the airport to the center, you might like to look at the website Rome2Rio. If you are using public transport please make sure that you check the times and ensure the routes are operating as normal for your date of travel.
View all dates & prices for Fuerteventura, Spain
What our clients say about us!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our newsletter and get news in your inbox every week! We hate spam too, so no worries about this.