Travel Insurance

Action Outdoors has partnered with ERV insurance to offer all Action Outdoors clients a 15% discount on winter travel insurance. ERV winter insurance offers cover for all levels of skier and snowboarder from rookie to pro. It is important to read the policy thoroughly to ensure it provides the correct level of cover for your activities, belongings and other needs before making a purchase. Travel insurance is a condition of booking, however the policy and provider is your choice.  To read more about the ERV policy and generate a quote please follow the below link which will direct you to their website. Any questions regarding the insurance or making a claim should be directed to ERV insurance. When generating the quote don’t forget to use promotion code ACTION15 to receive your 15% discount.

Get a quote


Travel insurance is a condition of booking a holiday with Action Outdoors. Having adequate cover is absolutely vital for any foreign trip but especially so for a winter ski or snowboard holiday (or adventure holiday). As well as covering any medical expenses, travel insurance is required to compensate any costs incurred by delayed or missed travel caused by adverse weather conditions or unexpected road closures. Also some travel insurance may compensate for the closure of lifts and ski areas in the event of lack of snow or severe weather conditions. Action Outdoors and UCPA will not offer refunds or compensation due to travel disturbances, ski area closures or factors outwith our control, this is the responsibility of your insurer. Often insurance will provide cover in case of injury or personal tragedy prior to your departure which requires cancellation of your holiday. Therefore we advise you to purchase a suitable insurance policy as soon as you book your holiday. Of course it is vital your read the policy closely and thoroughly to make sure you purchase insurance with adequate cover for all unexpected events. Also ensure you know how to report an incident and make a claim in case of an emergency situation while abroad, otherwise you may risk compromising your cover.

European Health Insurance 

If you are a European citizen it is recommended you carry a valid EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) as well as private travel insurance. The EHIC card is free of charge and gives you access to medically necessary, state provided healthcare during your stay in an EU country, including France, under the same conditions and at the same costs as people insured in that country. It is important to note that the EHIC card should be used to complement travel insurance in a medical emergency and is not a substitute for travel insurance. Unlike in the UK, healthcare is not free in France, therefore you will still incur a cost when seeking medical care even if you do have an EHIC card. Some insurers now insist a valid EHIC card is produced when receiving healthcare abroad. The EHIC card provides no other compensation or cover for you holiday except partial healthcare cover.

Read more

If you don't have a clue what to do or where to go? Try our